The team at The Big Design Market believes that good design needn’t come at the cost of the earth, which is why we're committed to introducing hundreds of ethical design businesses to our eco-conscious shoppers each year. It is this core value that has also lead us to adopt as many sustainable practices as possible for our events, and will have us continuing to look for new ways to make The Big Design Market even greener.
Here are some of the steps we've taken so far:
- All of our Exhibitors are selected based on the quality and longevity of their products as well as their ethical and sustainable business practices.
- We've partnered with ST. Ali Coffee who will be rewarding our visitors with 50c off every coffee ordered in their own reusable cup at the event.
- A percentage of ticket sales from our events is donated to Landcare Australia in support of their mission to protect and restore our land.
- We supply environmentally friendly soap made locally by Ena Products for visitors to use in the venue toilets. Large refill containers are used to top up pump bottles instead of discarding them as they run out.
- All materials from our event infrastructure are recycled and re-used or repurposed wherever possible.
- We ensure recycle bins are placed throughout the venue during our events.
Landcare x The Big Design Market
We’re proud to be expanding our commitment to sustainability by supporting Landcare Australia’s mission to make a positive impact on the environment. Landcare Australia is built upon a community-based system whereby people come together to tackle local issues that they believe needs attention, whether it be erosion of sand dunes due to mismanaged beach access or weeds affecting agricultural productivity. This shared value of commitment to caring for the land and an appreciation for our environment is what drives Landcare Australia and has allowed them to continue their important work for 30 years.
This year The Big Design Market will donate a percentage of ticket sales to Landcare Australia in support of their work to protect and restore our land and waterways. To find out more about Landcare Australia's current projects visit landcareaustralia.org.au